TakeCharge Announces Change in Leadership
CONTACT: Nick Kroeten
MINNEAPOLIS – TakeCharge Founder and President Mr. Kendall Qualls announced he is stepping down from leadership, with Sheila Qualls taking over as Executive Director and Alfrieda Baldwin as Chair of the Board.
Mr. Qualls founded TakeCharge in January 2021 to support the notion that the idea of America works for everyone regardless of race and station in life.
“Since founding TakeCharge a year ago, we’ve worked to change a narrative that has affected generations in the black community. I am proud of the widespread support and our ability to promote a mission that instills confidence, prosperity, and responsibility. I am humbled and honored for the many volunteers that have entrusted our organization with their time and talents to begin a new movement in the black community to return it to its cultural roots of faith, family and education.
Under the new leadership, I can promise that TakeCharge’s mission will carry on reaching new heights,” said Mr. Qualls, outgoing TakeCharge President.
TakeCharge’s core principles include:
- The promise of America is open and available to all individuals regardless of skin color or station in life,
- The private sector and free enterprise are the fastest and most financially rewarding routes to a better life for everyone including black Americans,
- A quality education is the gateway to prosperity,
- Restoring the two-parent black family should be a priority both locally and nationally,
- The first duty of government is to ensure public safety of its citizens.
“Over the course of his tenure, we appreciate the commitment and passion Kendall has shown to continuously promote TakeCharge,” said Alfrieda Baldwin. “TakeCharge will continue countering the prevailing narrative in popular culture that America is structured to undermine the lives of black Americans by building a coalition of community champions, academic professionals, and business leaders to ignite a transformation within the black community by embracing the core principles of America – not rejecting them.”
“We are committed to continuing the momentum that Kendall started with his vision for TakeCharge. There are major projects forthcoming that we are all excited about,” said, Sheila Qualls.